Medallions of Venison
A sweetish sauce with a hint of juniper.
- Serves 2
- 4 x 80g venison loin steaks
- Butter and oil to fry
- 1 small glass of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of Black Mountains Preserves Damson with Juniper Jelly
- 100ml stock
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy frying pan until very hot.
- Brown the steaks on both sides, reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes depending on the thickness and the degree of rarity required.
- Remove the steaks from the heat and rest on a plate covered with tinfoil.
- Pour away any surplus oil and add the jelly to the pan, add the red wine, stock and salt and pepper and reduce until nice and syrupy.
- Serve with the steaks.